Beyond Our Own Walls
Gathering and Scattering
Christ Community Church seeks to practice a rhythm of gathering and scattering. That’s the message of the first Easter, when Christ was risen from the dead: “Come and see…go and tell” (Matthew 28:6). So, we gather for worship, study, fellowship, and prayer, and then we scatter to be a blessing to others and share the good news of Jesus Christ with the world.
Loving Our Neighbors
One of the greatest privileges we have as believers is to share with others how God’s grace in Christ has transformed our own lives. Jesus said next to loving God, loving our neighbor is the greatest command we can keep (Matt 22:38-39).
To “love” our neighbors means to regard them as valuable and significant because they’re made in the image of God. Gospel neighboring, then, goes hand-in-hand with gospel messaging. Christ Community Church wants to love God, serve people, and inspire hope, so we have two main spheres where we direct our outreach efforts:
• Local Outreach
• Global Outreach
Current Outreach Efforts
Our local village and global village both need God’s healing love and the hope he gives. We join in this effort through:
• Working with local food banks, shelters, prison ministries, and pregnancy centers
• Providing for local students through social workers in our county schools
• Belonging to the E.C.C. in its ministry to “know Christ and make him known”
• Partnering with international missionaries and national churches in their various ministries
• Preparing gift boxes for the annual Samaritan’s Purse Operation Christmas Child project
• Being present to the community during local parades, activities, and special events
• Resourcing all of the above financially, including with periodic special offerings
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life” (John 3:16).
For more reflections on Christian outreach in our day, check out Pastor Tim’s blog post on This New Life called “Radiate: Practicing Neighbor Love in a Disconnected World.”
John Piper has said, “God is pursuing with omnipotent passion a worldwide purpose of gathering joyful worshipers for himself from every tribe and tongue and people and nation. He has an inexhaustible enthusiasm for the supremacy of his name among the nations. Therefore, let us bring our affections into line with his, and, for the sake of his name, let us renounce the quest for worldly comforts and join his global purpose.”
Get the Latest News & Updates at Christ Community Church via the Blog
Click Here for More Info about Connecting at Christ Community Church
Ask a Question, Submit a Prayer Request, or Stay in Touch